One question I’ve been hearing over and over from my high school senior clients and potential clients is when is the best time to book their high school senior portrait session. My response: the best time to book your senior photo session is the summer/fall leading into your Senior year. I realize this may be a hard concept to grasp and some may think it’s too early, but here are the top reasons why the summer before your senior year starts is the best time to have your photographs taken:
- Bragging Rights: You can be the trend-setter. The leader in your class. Your gorgeous photos will be the first that all your friends will see. And they will gush over them.
- Time is On Your Side: By scheduling your senior session in the months of August- October, you’ll have more time to plan it just right, more time to shop for the cutest clothes and more time to create your one of a kind session with me. Can you imagine trying to squeeze in your session when homework is piling up, you have sports practice every afternoon and your head is spinning from that endless list of stuff that needs to get done? The year only gets busier, so the earlier the better.
- Light is On Your Side: Summer months mean longer days which means more longer daylight hours which means more time to capture your beauty in the great outdoors! Not to mention in the spring some amazing location are covered in snow till mid June.
- Summer & Fall Colors: the grass is green, flowers have blossomed and trees are full of leaves making a beautiful backdrop for your session. With summer/fall we can get the green OR the leaves changing.
- Enjoying your pictures: I have way to many seniors who wait till the end of the year, only to realize they wish they had been able to share them and enjoy them DURING the year. I have some awesome products that are fun to hang in your room and enjoy.
- Booking Space: I am very exclusive and take a limited amount of seniors each year so that I can focus on each girl. When everyone waits till April and May I have to turn away a lot of people who want pictures last minute.
My sessions aren’t about snapping a few pictures and calling it a day. I’ve designed my Senior Sessions to be an experience! What does that mean? We plan your senior session to be as unique as you are from location down to accessories. I provide detailed guides to help prepare you for your session, we’ll discuss location, look/feel, outfits, accessories and anything specific requests you have. Your senior session is all about you and I do my best to make you feel like a model for the day!
With all that said, I am offering a special! I will include makeup for your session, FREE, for anyone that books for Sept & October. I offer 3 sessions types. With the Dream session that already includes Makeup, you will get a $70 print credit in its place. You can find more info about session and prices HERE.